The city government, aside from the power and authority normally associated with a municipality; is the unit of government nearest to the people. That means we are closely connected to the lives of those who live, work, and visit our community; therefore we remain focused on several key objectives:
- To provide services in the most cost-effective and efficient way
- To invest in and improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods
- To nurture and promote a vibrant business and commercial sector
- To protect and promote our natural, historic, and cultural assets
- To provide good stewardship of all public resources
- To serve our constituents in a respectful and dignified manner
Bridgeton envisions its historic parkland and the Cohansey River as the core catalysts for a realizable future as a small, revitalized community with outstanding natural and social amenities, with opportunities for entrepreneurs and with citizens proud of their city on the Cohansey.
The Visioning Statement represents the work of City officials and citizens to picture their city as it might be in the coming decades. Those participating in the process strove to find the right balance between the present and the future. The Vision Statement proposed here is grounded in practical, achievable actions. It is not all encompassing in terms of the challenges which face our community. Those issues, and their many companions, are dealt with in the Master Plan and those interested in exploring these topics in detail are encouraged to read the City's Master Plan.