1. Michael D. Zapolski, Sr.
2. Date elected: May 11, 2010
Date Elected Second Term: November 4, 2014
3. Bridgeton Committees and sub-committees (past & present):
* Zoning Board of Adjustment
* Master Plan Committee
* Planning Board
* Zoning Ordinance Amendment Committee
* City Council Parking & Strategic Planning Committees
5. Past and/or current non-government career/work experience:
* 11½ years US Navy; Nuclear Power program & prototype Instructor; Served aboard the USS T.A. Edison Ballistic Missile Submarine [SSBN-610(G)]; Honorably Discharged.
* 25 years employment at Salem & Hope Creek nuclear power generating stations; Retired
* Stow Creek Elementary School – substitute teacher
* Active participation at every pre-election Bridgeton public meeting.
* City visioning process participation.
* High school graduate (Henry Ford, 1963)
* AA (Math/Science) Cumberland County College, 1978
* AS Engineering Widener University, 1982
* BS Engineering Widener University, 1983
7. Family: Married (47 years); 2 Children, 3 Grand-Children
8. Guiding Principles or Ideas on governance: Fairness, openness, inviting open dialogue and networking with all levels of government and community groups, embracing "progress through partnerships".
9. Volunteer work:
* City website designer& webmaster
* Pro-bono analytical reports: City Rental Registration Fee Justification, City Water Usage, NJ Inmate Population & Distribution
* Senior Center Helper
* Bridgeton Girls Softball Umpire
* Bridgeton Crabfest